Summer is here! I love serving light and healthy snacks when the temperature rises. I love them even more when they are quick and easy to prepare. I make this easy cashew kale dip the night before or the morning of a get together and then just refrigerate it until ready to serve with raw veggies, crackers or veggie chips. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and be used as a sandwich spread. Try it and let me know what you think!
· 2 cups raw cashews
· 3-4 cups shredded kale leaves
· ½ cup olive oil
· 1 clove garlic
· Juice of 1 large yellow lemon
· 1 ½ tablespoons tahini
· 2/3 cup cold water
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 seedes jalapeño or serrano pepper (if desired)
· Crudité or crackers or veggie chips to serve
1. Soak cashews in warm water for about an hour. Drain and set aside.
2. Cover kale in a bowl with hot water and let leaves soften for 5-10 minutes. Drain and place in the blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked cashews.
3. Blend until you reach a dip -like consistency. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or pepper if desired. Refrigerate until chilled and then serve drizzled with a bit more olive oil.