Few moments out of the year are so gratifying to busy mom’s like the first day of school. We love them to pieces but it’s always great to see them walking out their door with their backpacks and lunch boxes!
Lunches, however are sometimes a bit frustrating for parents because we need them to be kept fresh and cool until lunchtime, not drip or get smooshed all over the place. I’ve always used small containers (which always tend to get lost) or plastic bags (not very green) to pack lunches but have now transitioned to aluminum bento boxes and I am obsessed! There is no mess, no drip and they keep the food fresh and intact. I recommend these from Ecozoi, https://ecozoi.coman environmentally responsible company that manufactures bamboo cutting boards that I love and use on a daily basis as well as these aluminum bento lunch boxes and containers. Below I have some suggestions and ideas for back to school lunches that I hope will be helpful! Thank you for following True Taste!
School Lunch Checklist:
1. Make sure to use a stainless-steel Bento Box to eliminate plastic waste and pack it with healthy options like:
· Fresh fruit like berries, grapes, pineapple and mandarin oranges.
· Cut-up veggies like cucumber, carrots, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes
· Dips like hummus and ranch for celery, jicama or bell peppers.
· Rice cakes topped with peanut or almond butter
· Healthier bars like Luna or Z Bars
· Greek yogurt with berries or granola as mix-ins
· Turkey and cheese or tuna sandwich or wrap on sprouted grain bread
· Leftovers such as whole grain pasta packed in a sealed container to avoid spills
2. Prepare fruit and veggies the night before and keep in the refrigerator to make sure they will be extra cold come lunchtime.
3. Make sandwiches and wraps in the morning before heading out.
http://slkjfdf.net/ – Anaqojexo Ayubav rnl.htle.mysso.mx.nql.zj http://slkjfdf.net/
September 05, 2021
http://slkjfdf.net/ – Yotituabo Eaxipqoc mie.yrvh.mysso.mx.mvl.ls http://slkjfdf.net/