Marinated Feta and Nectarine Fattoush
This is one of my favorite salads to serve during the summertime when both the nectarines and the tomatoes are at their juiciest. If you can’t find ripe heirloom tomatoes, red and yellow cherry tomatoes work well too. The longer this salad sits, the better it gets.
· 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
· ¼ cup crushed coriander seeds or granulated coriander
· Coarse salt and lots of fresh cracked black pepper to taste
· 1 8- oz. block good-quality feta cut into ½ inch slices (it’s ok if the slices break)
· 3 ripe nectarines sliced into eighths
· 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
· 3 pita slices, toasted and broken into pieces
· 1 small bunch each chopped dill and basil.
· Balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar glaze for drizzling
1. In a small dish, combine marinade ingredients and whisk well.
2. Place the feta slices in a shallow serving dish and pour the marinade over the slices, leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Transfer feta to serving dish.
4. Place nectarines and tomato over feta and spoon marinade over them. Add chopped herbs for garnish, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and serve. Drizzle with balsamic before serving.