Melon, Heirloom and Crab Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
· 1 ripe cantaloupe
· 2-3 large, ripe heirloom tomatoes
· 1 can of lump crab meat
· 1 fennel bulb, sliced
· Basil leaves, for garnish
· 1 ½ cup fresh basil leaves
· ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
· Juice and zest of 1 lemon
· ¼ cup avocado oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make vinaigrette: Blend all ingredients and store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
2. Place crab and fennel in a bowl and combine with half of the vinaigrette.
3. Slice melon and heirlooms and arrange on serving plates or platter, sprinkle with a bit of salt. Place a mound of crab on top and garnish with a couple of basil leaves and fennel fronds before serving. Drizzle with more vinaigrette if desired.